CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Being Homeless

Not only did Clint do something stupid to land himself in prison but he made us homeless.  We were living in an apartment that was owned by the place he worked.  He was to do the maintenance on the duplexes in exchange for very low rent. On October 7, 2011, that changed everything.  He was arrested at his place of employment and was using their address to commit his crimes.  He got an eviction letter a few weeks later saying that he had to get out of the property due to criminal activity.   :( I was 7 months pregnant when he got the letter.

I spent the next month trying to apply for Section 8 and public housing.  Everything was closed unless you were handicapped. None of the homeless shelters would take us.  Apparently being pregnant and homeless is not a big deal to anyone in the city of Norfolk.  I tried the income based apartments.  Those were still $700/month.  I was about to give birth and didn't know if Clint was going to prison or not.

Luckily they didn't go through the process of eviction legally.  I got to stall the proceeding until January.  Meanwhile I had to pack everything I owned and put in a storage building while huge and pregnant.  The week before my C-Section was the last time in the apartment.

When I got out of the hospital I had no place to go. :( I was in so much pain with a new baby and homeless. My old boss decided I could stay at the hotel I worked at for $250 a week. I just got a tax refund and had just a little money to pay for 2 weeks.

My parents decided that we could move to Arkansas and move in with them.  I had to sell my car and fed ex what little clothes and toys I could afford to send.  I am 32 years old and officially a loser living with my parents.  Every day is heartbreaking to me. My hopes and dreams for my life are gone.  I have nothing.

0 comments: