CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 6, 2012

Flynn's Health Problems


Flynn has been having a lot of problems in his short little life.  He has major food intolerances through my breast milk.  I can't eat or drink dairy, can't eat cinnamon, citrus fruit, milk chocolate, tomatoes and I think that he is starting to have trouble with gluten.  His little body still can't handle too much formula and rice cereal hurts his tummy. I have tried to makes some baby food for him.  He can eat green beans and bananas with no problem but sweet potatoes are a major no no.  

Basically he has not been gaining weight or getting much taller.  He is 5 months old and only weighs 11 lbs.  His pediatrician is very concerned because he is not on the growth chart for other babies (fat formula fed babies BTW).  We had to get his blood drawn.  They are checking on his thyroid and his electrolyte levels.  Some people have suggested that he might have Cystic Fibrosis since he is always sneezing and coughing with boogers in his nose. Some other diseases that were suggested is Celiac Disease, Pyloric Stenosis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Type 1 Glycogen Storage Disease.

It has been very stressful for me.  I feel guilty every time he screams because his tummy hurts.  Every food or drink I eat, everyone time he eats and every poop or pee he makes has to be written down on a chart.  I really want some answers.  Is it my fault? I checked with a lactation consultant today and she said that as long as he has 6-8 pee diapers a day then he is getting enough milk from me.  Am I still eating the wrong food for him to gain weight?

I will find out some of the answers on Thursday when we go back to the doctor. They are going to refer Flynn to the Arkansas Children's Hospital Growth and Development Clinic.  That means I have to travel 3 hours for him to go to the doctor now.  :(

Meanwhile, sperm donor dad keeps calling from prison because he needs money for shoes and a tattoo.  He needs the shoes because he plays softball and goes to the gym all day.  FML!

0 comments: